Sunday, September 13

Thanking him for what's to come

Today I happened to meet up with my pastor's wife as we were both getting something to drink before Sunday School began. She asked me how everything was going since leaving my job. I said my usual, "Good." But really quitting my job has been a tough transition. I never realized how much of my self-worth was placed on my accomplishments and my job success.

She confessed that not long ago God brought her to a similar spot where He told her to give up something she was doing (a job or task). She said at the time she didn't know why He was asking her to stop but she obeyed God anyway. Then something came along that she really wanted to do, and she realized that there would've been no way she could've done both.

Then she said something that made me cry. She said that at the time when she gave it up, she really struggled with guilt. I instantly started to cry because despite my facade that everything was fine... this emotion was exactly what I had been feeling and dealing with for the past month.

She hugged me and told me to start thanking the Lord for what was to come because He has a very good reason for having me leave my job, even if I don't know what it is right now. At times I feel like I'm walking through darkness, stumbling and feeling my way. Then a ray of light shines through (like today) and shows me that I truly am on the right path and someday when I look back... I'll see the entire path in which God led me.

My faith eyes are dim, but thankfully God is merciful and I believe He's got a plan for me...and for you, the reader. Let's just ask to see it more clearly and thank Him for what He's going to do in our future.

2 comments:

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

I just wrote a comment on your blog but then I needed to revise it! :) Just wanted to say that I think it was great that your pastor's wife opened up and in return you opened up to her! And through it, you both probably encouraged each other. It shows what the body of believers is all about!! :) How encouraging to get a ray of light that you are on the right path...I love those God-moments :)

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~