This is what was on my Elisabeth Elliot calendar this morning. It's very thought provoking to me.
I think of my situation in life and what I complain about (inwardly if not outwardly). The things that come to mind are: not having children, self-worth/my weight, and finding purpose in the daily routine of my job.
This quote makes me look at my circumstances in a new light. Instead of complaining about my situation, I hope that God will take those things I believe as my weaknesses and use them instead for His glory and prepare me for eternity. I need to look beyond this life (which is just a breath) and see that eternity is coming. The lessons and talents that I learn in this life, will hopefully enable me to serve my King forever in whichever way He wants me to serve.
Am I allowing myself to be molded by God to reflect His Son, Jesus?
1 comment:
This quote is sooooo good...what I needed to read today! I need an Elisabeth Elliot calendar!!
Post a Comment