Friday, November 7

Where is your hope?

There's always something to be thankful for...even in the darkest night and the hardest times.

This election immediately made me check my motivates and my heart. Where does my hope and trust lie? Does it rely on a man or even a country to keep me safe and secure? There are a lot of people out there happy with the election. And I realized something.

That was me...four years ago. After Bush was elected, that was me. I stopped praying for my country with fervency after he won the election and put my hope and trust in him. It's almost superfluous to say that he let me down because isn't that what the Bible says about putting your hope and trust in princes and man? (Ps 118) Man is always going to let you down. He's never going to live up to his greatest promises or expectations that you set upon him. He's human and imperfect and flawed and the list can go on.

Now, I'm realizing that my misplaced trust is finally going back to the correct Person...God Almighty and Jesus Christ my Savior. No matter what happens in my future, He will NEVER let me down. He will NEVER leave or forsake me. HE IS PERFECT, FLAWLESS, GOD!

Praise be to God Almighty who has finally taught me that when I am weak...then I am truly strong (in Him).

So...here's to losing the battle but hopefully winning a GREATER war.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Thank you so much for the reminder. I never even thought about putting my hope in our president...I should have been praying for him as much as I am now praying for Obama because I'm nervous about him being president. Wonderful thoughts :) They challenged me today :)

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~