Today at work I overheard a man talking about how the majority of the North voted for Obama and the majority of the South voted against him. He compared it to the pre-Civil War times and said, "I guess the Confederacy isn't dead." What?!? I wanted to say something but pushed my nose into my book a little further and seethed inside.
Are we indeed going to be labeled racist if we didn't vote for Mr. Obama? I can guarantee you that I didn't vote for him and it has nothing to do with race. By the way, the definition of racist is: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
I chose not to vote for him because of his extreme liberal views (regarding abortion, gay marriage, euthinasia) and his Marxism/Socialist economic plans. Already the stockmarket has taken the biggest post-election tumble as shareholders brace themselves for a recession due to Mr. Obama's economic plans.
Does that mean the stockmarket is racist too?
Just curious.
No comments:
Post a Comment