The financial world is spinning out of control. People are scared and many are going bankrupt. While our currency might say, "In God We Trust", I think we know that this saying (which was placed on our dollar bill by our forefathers who probably knew how easy it was to trust in money instead of God) has been ethically removed from our minds for years. We now wonder what is going to happen in the next few months, years, decades.
Today my devotions were from Psalms 37. Verse 1 says, "Fret not yourself." It was such a good reminder that we don't need to fret if we do what verses 3 & 7 say, "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture...be still and wait patiently for Him." God will not forsake His children...but let us not forsake trusting in Him in tough times like this.
Help us to trust in You, Lord, and not our money.
--by grace
1 comment:
Thanks for the encouraging post! It was a good reminder for me to keep trusting in the Lord through these crazy financial times! Sometimes I get worried and think "How in the world are we going to pay for this?" and when I switch to trusting in God, He of course, works it all out in much better ways than I ever could with all the money in the world :)
Post a Comment