Tuesday, September 2

Crazy 4-wheeling trip...Part I of Labor Day weekend


The "fearless" leaders--Mom and Dad

Dirty and stinky-- B & I


The whole group (minus me)--notice grandma on the right

My aunts and uncles--having to back up and turn around on the logging road...they weren't happy campers!


So B and I went to Rapid City, SD for a family reunion on my side of the family. We met my parents in Sioux Falls and drove together. The reunion was actually really fun...in all honesty I was dreading the driving and stuff. On Sunday, my mom, dad, two aunts and two uncles, my 85 year old grandma, B and I went on a 4-wheeling trip in the Black Hills of SD....I'd been looking forward to it for a long time.

Suddenly my parents turned into these crazy people! They got all adventurous...taking us on logging roads and old river beds full of ruts and rocks and logs and everything imaginable! My grandmother was riding with B and I in our Ranger. She was such a super trooper! We actually got lost near the end and had to ask for directions...turned out dad was taking us in the opposite direction! Eventually dad gave up the lead and let my hubby lead the way. He lead us home...even though we weren't sure quite a few times if we were on the right trail. It didn't help that it was getting dark and starting to rain! But we made it and poor grandma (who had dressed in her Sunday clothes) was covered in dirt and filth! She said it was fun but she probably won't do it again. I can't say I blame her!






--by grace

No comments:

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~