Remember when I blogged about suffering and how we need to rely on the grace of God to get us through those times? Never ceases that when I write about such things, I am tested. Work is complicated and I am questioning where I am, but God reminds me that I told Him (and the world) that I would trust in Him through these times.
It's not like I'm even being persecuted for my faith...it's just dumb stuff!!
I read this on my calendar yesterday and as a fan of Martin Luther, I'm trying to take it to heart:
"There is a story about Martin Luther going through a period of discouragement and depression. For days his long face graced the family table and dampened the family's home life. One day his wife came to the breakfast table all dressed in black...when Martin asked her who had died, she replied, "Martin, the way you've been behaving lately, I thought God had died, so I came prepared to attend his funeral."...As a result the great Reformer resolved never again to allow worldly care, resentment, depression, discouragement, or frustration to defeat him...When was the last time you praised God in the midst of despair?...Do it, and then you'll feel like it.
I just want to say for the record:
Praise the Lord!
--by grace
No comments:
Post a Comment