Lately I've been experiencing some pain and pressure in my body over the past few months. I went to the doctor today and told him what was going on. I was hoping that I was wrong and just being overly concerned. He listened and asked me a variety of questions, which I answered honestly without exaggerating. I guess it's something to check into because he scheduled me for an ultrasound and took some blood work. I'm not worried or scared; I just want to know what is going on inside. It sounds like it's going to take a little while to get results and my ultrasound isn't for another week...so I'm waiting. I wish I could skip the tests and have someone just tell me today but the comforting thing is that God knows already.
Before I came back to work, I read a few verses in my Bible in Psalm 138:8 (which another of my favorite verses) "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me." While reading it, I glanced to the next page and a few verses from Psalm 139 caught my eye. Especially the verses 13-16, "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."
I always thought of these verses for babies and pro-life sermons at church, but they took on a whole new meaning today. God made me (and you) and He didn't make a mistake when something goes wrong in our body. He has a purpose in this puzzle going on inside of me and it's not an accident.
My calendar today says:
Once many years ago when I was going through a dark periond...I felt as though God had disappeared and that I was alone with my trial and burden...I wrote my mother about the experience and will never forget her reply: 'Son, thre are many times when God withdraws to test your faith. He wants you to trust Him in the darkness. Now, son, reach up by faith in the fog and you will find that His hand will be there.' In tears I knelt by my bed and experienced an overwhelming sense of God's presence. Whether or not we feel God's presence when our way seems dark, by faith we know He is there. You can stake your life on His promise: 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' (Heb 13:5)"
Staying close to Jesus...
--by grace
No comments:
Post a Comment