Thursday, September 11

9-11 Remembrance


Today is the seven year remembrance when the World Trade Center buildings and the Pentagon were attacked by terrorists. I remember where I was that morning. I didn't have to substitute teach that day so I was sleeping in. At the time, I lived in the apartment above B's sister (in her house in Robbinsdale, MN). I never heard their television or radio through the floor but that morning I awoke to the sound of a very loud KTIS radio playing. I sensed something was wrong so I got up and turned on my radio. The man on the radio station was praying and it sounded serious.
I went to my television and the image of one smoke rolling out of the top of one of the towers was there. I called R (B's sister) and asked her what was going on. She filled me in with the details and I called B (who lived in Bemidji at the time) to see if he'd heard.
That night, I remember waiting in line at a gas station to fill up on gas because there were rumors of $12/gal gas. It was a hot, sunny day but the streets were eerily empty. I went to work at Talbots that afternoon and remember saying that I didn't feel like being there. I just wanted to be in the shelter of my home.
B and I got engaged later that month...it was such a crazy time. It felt the like end of the world was happening.
Do you remember where you were and what you were doing?
May God still bless America!
--by grace

No comments:

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~