Monday, June 2

It's okay to be weak...

The song "Jesus Loves Me" came to mind today while I was keying files at work and thinking about what has transpired the past couple weeks here. The part "I am weak but He is strong" came to mind. Suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks...

God doesn't expect me to take on the world by myself...
God doesn't look down from Heaven and shake his head because I am not "getting" it yet...
God isn't shaking his finger at me because I'm learning slower than I think I should...

God showed me today that it's okay to be weak...because when I am weak (and admit it), then He can show his strength to me. If I just try to buck up and do it all myself (and I always do try), He is unable to work.

I don't have to be an amazing success in this world. My mind should be focused not on finding the perfect job or having the perfect life...but just doing the next thing God asks me to do.

It's not exciting, perhaps, but it's real. God wants real. He hates fake.

So, turn your burden over to Jesus Christ. Whatever it is, get rid of it. You can't carry it today or tomorrow, but He can. Let Him...He's waiting to show His power.

--by grace

No comments:

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~