Thursday, May 15

"Hang on good girl"

This morning as I drove to work I was listening to Zoegirl (Christian girl group) and jamming out to the song "Good girl." The lyrics describe how I strive to be:
"You're not sugar and spice and everything nice,
you've got character and you've paid the price.
You're not after self-perfection...you're living out your redemption.
What sets you apart from everyone else is that you know your Savior and
you know Him well..."

The line that is bolded is my favorite line because I'm not after being perfect...I'm simply living out what Christ started in me. I hope others see Christ in me today.

By the way, I changed my display name from "truth be told" to "by grace." I do want the truth to be told but it is by God's grace that I know the truth in the first place.

John 14:6 Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father expect through me."

No comments:

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~