Friday, May 16

Day of training

Today was a grueling day of training at work. It's been a struggle learning my new job. I'm kind of used to things coming easy, so when they don't...I get frustrated. I'm learning to have patience with myself but it's not easy...

A little spiritual food I read today on my Billy Graham calendar:

The first key for usefulness in God's Kingdom is humility.
Pride cust us off from God (and from other people), and deceives us into thinking we can do God's work without God's power...
but there is a second key, and that is faith--
faith that God is sovereign, and that He is at work, even if we can't see it.
Habakkuk complained to God that evil people were winning the day.
But God replied, "I will work a work in your days which you would not believe,
though it were told you," (Hab 1:5)....
He alone is sovereign--and that is why we can trust Him, even when the way seems dark."
With catastrophies happening all around the world (i.e. cyclone and earthquakes killing 100,000's of people), it's easy to think I'm all alone, but newsflash...I'm not. Jesus said he would never leave or forsake me! So tonight, I'm going home and going to rest in Him...
Good night!
-by grace

2 comments:

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

I have loved reading your entries and can't wait to read more!! I will pray for you next week that God would give you encouragement through your coworkers or your employers! I have felt the same way...feeling like I'm all alone but it's so good to remember that God will never leave or forsake us..wow, what an encouragment that is! Love you much!!

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~