With my oldest little guy is going to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday, I've taken those days to pursue some quiet time with the Lord.
Tuesdays, especially, are my day to sit quietly alone with my Bible and the Lord, because Thursdays I have Bible study during that time. It has been such a blessing to just sit quietly in the sun (most days), drinking my coffee, reading the passages of the day (today I read about David, his sin with Bathsheba, Absalom, psalms 51-53, and a passage in Ezekiel). When I thought about what I could do on Tuesdays from 9-11 a.m., many things passed through my mind - cleaning especially - but when I asked the Lord, I knew in my heart he wanted me to spend time with him alone. So, my other little guy lays down (or has just a quiet time in his crib with books) and I get some much needed and much wanted quiet time.
Today the things that really hit me were:
- asking God for a steadfast & willing spirit (Psalm 51)
- giving the Lord my brokenness (broken spirit) is a sacrifice he desires
- Praising the Lord for the good things he has done (not dwelling on things not yet done)
- putting my hope in the name of the Lord for his name is good
- praying that the Lord's kingdom would draw near, changing us to do and be how he desires...
Sept, 23, 2014
1 comment:
Mmmm, SO good! I need to do this! Thank you for sharing what hit you...I'm encouraged and challenged by it!
Post a Comment