Monday, April 20

Elisabeth Elliot Quote & Louie Giglio

"Only Christ himself, who slept in the boat in the storm and then spoke calm to the wind and waves, can stand beside us when we are in a panic and say to us 'Peace.' It will not be explainable. It transcends human understanding. And there is nothing else like it in the whole wide world." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Last night at College & Career Bible Study at my church we watched a video called "Indescribable" by Louie Giglio. If you haven't watched any of his videos, it is a MUST! He talks about the glory of God and at the end of the video, it's impossible not to be blown away by the awesome HUGENESS of God and how tiny we are in comparison. Then he reminds us that God loves us, and honestly, I finally see how AWESOME that really is! The maker of the universe loves little me on this little blue speck floating in the universe. Just google the Hubble telescope images and see the awesomeness of God.

At one point, Louie says, "You are probably thinking right now: Louie! You are making me feel small. I don't mean to make you feel small because it's a fact. You are small. I'm simply reminding you of how small you are and how big God is!"

Anyway, thank you Almighty God (maker of Heaven and Earth) for loving me!

1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Hey Amber, don't know if you remember me, but I got your blog off of Erika's, and have been reading what you're posting. :) Sounds like you're doing good, I'm glad to have this little connection!

- Nicole Farley (Stellmaker...from good old camp days!)

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~