Tuesday, February 3

Disappointment

Today I'm facing disappointment. I was becoming pretty good friends with a girl at work and over the busyness of the month of January something has changed. She was given different work to do than me, thus changing our circle of co-workers. Though still in the same department as me, they would go out to lunch/supper and not invite me. Part of this is fine with me because I saved some money but I think what is really bothering me is that she has made a pretty big deal in the past when someone in our department doesn't include us. Now she's doing the same thing.

I can sense things are different and a cloud hangs over me today. I keep praying about it and asking God what I should do. In the past (according to my husband) I'm almost too quick to take someone back into my life only to be hurt again and again. I don't want be 'unChristian-like' but I'm not sure what to do.

Anyway...ironically again (notice a pattern with this blog, this calendar and my life??) my Billy Graham calendar says this today:

"My home is on a mountain nearly 4000 feet high...Many times I have sat on our rustic porch and watched the clouds below. I have thought of the clouds of discouragement and suffering that temporarily veil the sunlight of God's love from us. Many people live w/ a cloud hanging over their lives.
The Bible has a great deal to say about clouds, for they sometimes symbolize the spiritual forces that obscure the face of God. But He has not abandoned us. He is still there, and in faith we know we can trust His promise: "I will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5)"
Quoting Annie from the movie: "The sun will come out...tomorrow."
Until then, I'm holding on in faith.

No comments:

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~