So I was writing my cousin about something when I had a HUGE epiphany!
I'll reveal it in a second... (SIDE NOTE: I love discovering new Spiritual truths and recently in my Beth Moore study she said something that really caught my attention. She said that since God never had to learn anything, because He knows everything, that He LOVES when we discover new truths about Him. In fact, she said that He DELIGHTS in our quest for wisdom about Himself. Cool, huh?)
So, back to that epiphany! I'll try and explain it the best I can...because I don't want to lose this 'ah-ha' moment.
When a person loves Jesus Christ, they want everyone around them to join them believing and receiving the gift of faith and to experience the grace and joy that comes with knowing Jesus as one's Savior and Lord. So, I--like many people--have felt frustration when I try and try to tell people about Jesus (sometimes subtly or sometimes a little too forcefully) and not see ANYTHING! It's enough to make a person want to forget about witnessing all together!
Then...then, my friends, that is when God allows us to see a glimpse of fruit from all our hard efforts. That little seed that you planted to a friend in high school or that camper that you poured your heart, soul and energy into their life for one short week of camp...it takes root and you see growth!!
THIS is what happened to me last night. I got a letter from a camper that I had counseled over 10 YEARS ago! She sent it to my parent's address in hoping to find me. She still hasn't forgotten me...or the message of 'Christ alone' that I tried to live in front of her. She was 8 or 9 years old when I knew her. She is now in college. Wow. She still remembers me! It brings tears to my eyes because I'm realizing more and more that our words and our life count!!!!!!!! At camp we used to say: the campers won't remember anything you say, but they will remember how you treated them.
I just realized that when I get frustrated in day-to-day life because "NOTHING" is happening, I cannot see the seeds that God is planting in people's hearts. Sometimes it just takes time for these seeds to take root and grow. We never know the effect we might've had on someone's life...until Heaven!
Please, God, please don't let me forget this ever!!! Help me to watch what I say (even to strangers) and remember that You can use anything to bring someone (back) to the fold of Christ.
By Your grace, keep this fresh in my mind~ Amber
1 comment:
BEAUTIFULLY written :) It brought a few glistening tears to the corners of my eyes :) God is SO good....
Post a Comment