Tuesday, July 29

New perspective

I was reminded this morning that if I seek first the Kingdom of God (not my own) then all the things I've been worrying about will fall by the wayside...so that has become my goal--to seek God's kingdom first. It is so easy for me to whine and complain but then I think about people who are going through so much more pain than I am, and I realize how silly it is for me to worry.

I used to think that the Israelites were such a stupid group of people to whine and complain and want to go back to Egypt (and into slavery) just for some leeks and onions!?! Then I think of my job and where I came from and for a minute or two I wonder why I left...it was easier and less complex than my current job--BUT it was not a good place for me. God knew best when He took me out. Why should I want easy when God want me to be challenged?

Why am I painting pictures of Egypt and leaving out what it lacked? (words from a Sara Groves song) So, please forgive my recent whining and complaining because I know that my present troubles are NOTHING compared to the challenges and pain that many people are going through or compared to the future glory to come. I will be praying for someone other than myself tonight...

--by grace

No comments:

"God, of Your goodness give me yourself, for You are enough for me. And only in You do I have everything." ~Julian of Norwich~