This weekend my husband, B, and I went out to his parent's church for a 125 year celebration. After everyone left, we talked with his parent's pastor about the music issue that is still so heavy on both of our hearts. He is an awesome man of God and has a heart for the lost. I was glad B wanted to talk with him. It was reassuring to hear him say that the scripture we have studied and our thought-processes are biblical. He thought we should talk to the council about the issue if it is bothering us so much.
B and I tossed this thought around but after much prayer, fasting and other council I think that isn't what we are going to do. We decided to continue to pray about it but unless someone comes to us, the issue is not worth disrupting the unity in our church. We love our church body and the people we've come to know.
It isn't about who is right and who is wrong with this issue. So, I'm praying for those who are possibly caught up in legalism that they will experience joy in their Christian lives. So...who's right? Doesn't matter.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you."
--by grace
No comments:
Post a Comment